Scholarship Foundation of John f. Kennedy High School
Aragona Family Scholarship
oNE SCHOLARSHIP - $500
- Applicant will graduate May 2022 from John F. Kennedy High School in La Palma, California, and will have attended the school for at least one year prior to the application deadline.
- The applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Plan to attend a 2 or 4 year college full time in 2022-2023
- Has a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.85
- Has been in JROTC a minimum of 2 years, one of which is during the senior year
- Complete the Scholarship Application packet of the JFK Scholarship Foundation which includes:
> Scholarship Application (on line, print and mail via USPS)
> A Personal Statement that includes a short section describing your time in the JROTC program and how it has changed your outlook on life (mail with application)
> Academic Transcript
> Two Academic Letters of Recommendation
> Employment / Volunteer Supervisor letter(s) of Recommendation (if applicable)
> Extra-Curricular Activities Worksheet
- Interview (to be scheduled on campus)
- Only one scholarship from the Foundation per applicant will be awarded.
- The scholarship certificate will be awarded at the Senior Awards Night.
- The scholarship check will be issued when proof of registration to a post-secondary institution of higher learning is received by the Foundation from the award winner, no later than December 31, 2022.
How to apply: Click on buttons below, fill in the appropriate sections based upon the “Applicant Instructions for Processing Scholarship Application” page. Email the appropriate completed forms to the Foundation along with your Personal Statement. Follow the directions for the other forms (be sure to read and follow Section II – Checklist when processing your application). Completed forms should be emailed to:
Applicant Instructions for Processing Scholarship Application
Keep for Yourself
Complete and Submit to Foundation
Submit to Teacher
Submit to Employer
Complete Transcript Request
Application information is also available in the Counseling Center. Be sure to arrange to have all the supporting materials sent to the Scholarship Foundation by Saturday, October 23, 2021. Verify that all of your supporting materials have been sent - NO APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED UNTIL ALL SUPPORTING MATERIALS ARE RECEIVED. Personal interviews with applicants will be conducted during January 2022, and Scholarship awards will be announced shortly thereafter.